How to take your handprints with our magic wipe kit
Here is a little video showing you how you can take your hand and footprints using our magic wipe kit. We send a kit out with every order (if requested). If you have ordered in the past then we keep your prints on file so please select this option unless you require new prints to be taken. We can also use prints that have already be taken. You can either scan and email them across to us or photocopy them and pop them in the post.
Written instructions for taking a Hand or Footprint.
In the kit you will find:
- Inkless wipe
- Piece of sensitised paper
- These instructions
- Pre-paid envelope to send your prints back to Beanstalk Keepsakes
- Order details confirmation form
Follow these easy steps:
- Do not open your wipe until you are ready to use it. It can be used a few times but will dry out quickly once opened. If it dries out, don’t worry, simply dampen it with water.
- Ensure that the hand or foot is clean and dry. If you are taking prints for a baby or young child it is easiest to take the prints when your baby/child is sleepy or distracted to avoid wriggling!
- Place the sensitised paper, smooth side up, on a hard surface such as a table or book.
- Gently wipe the whole surface of the hand or foot with the wipe, ensuring every part is covered. Be careful not to touch the sensitised paper if you have any residue from the wipe on your hands. Don’t worry – the wipe is totally harmless and non-toxic. If you do happen to leave smudges on the paper don’t panic too much as these can be edited out.
- Hold the hand or foot in place on the paper for approx 10 seconds, pressing firmly along each finger or toe. The image will appear and will start to darken in a few seconds. Try to keep the hand or foot as still as possible to avoid smudging.
- Repeat the process if possible so that you have two or three prints on the paper.
- Wipe the hand or foot clean with a baby wipe after use.
- Place the prints into the self-addressed envelope provided and return to Beanstalk Keepsakes along with the order details confirmation form. Alternatively you can scan them and email them over to me on the below email address.
I hope you have found this video and blog post interesting. Please comment below if you’ve used our magic wipe kit before. How easy is it?