Getting a handprint charm made from baby prints
We often get asked at what age are we able to turn a baby’s print into a handprint charm. The answer is…from any age. As long as you get a good print, then we can do it from 1 day old up to 101 years old (or older should they still be with us).
Taking a baby’s print for a handprint charm can be tricky, as they do like to scrunch up those little fists but watching the below video and following these tips may help.
1. It may be easier to take the handprint while the baby is sleeping. Which they will be doing a lot of in those early days.
2. Make sure you have something hard to lean on. A table or a hard-back book are good.
3. Try doing it with your partner or a friend. One of you to hold the baby while the other one takes the print
4. Tickle the little hand first to prize it open and then quickly wipe and press the hand down on the paper.
5. Don’t worry if you don’t get it perfect first time. We include enough papers for you to take extras. And if you happen to have smudges, we can easily edit those out too.
Our handprint charms with baby prints make the perfect gifts for celebrating the birth of a baby. They can easily be added to existing bracelets such as Pandora, Chamelia, Links of London, Love Links etc. We can also make a charm bracelet for you if you do not already have one. Just add this to the options when you place your order. If it’s not available on the product page then do get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope this blog has been useful. Let us know in the comments below if you have got a handprint charm or if you are planning on having one made.